Chairman Groblersdal Vliegklub
Dear Dawie and Members of the Groblersdal Vliegklub
I have consulted with the members of the EAA of SA Council on the efficacy of our scheduled EAA Sun n Fun fly-in which was to be hosted at Groblersdal in September. Unless there is an unlikely miracle, I believe we will not be permitted to hold the event then as we intended due to the Level 3 restrictions that have been imposed on us due to the Covid19 virus.
As the appointed EAA convener for the fly-in, I regrettably must advise that we have no option but to postpone the event to a later date, possibly even next year. Our EAA Safety Officer has already advised the CAA, ATNS and CAMU (Central Airspace Management Unit) of our decision to postpone
I know that you have incorporated fine upgraded facilities at the Clubhouse and to the condition of the airfield that would have made a September Sun n Fun a most enjoyable fly-in, however, that does not remove the seriousness of the situation we find ourselves in right now.
On behalf of EAA SA, I sincerely thank you for your enthusiasm and generous offer to host us at Groblersdal and really hope that the offer will stand to a later date.
When we are again allowed to fly unrestricted across provincial boundaries, we will visit on an informal basis.
Karl Jensen (EAA SA PRO)
email@example.com 082 331 4652